Monday, January 2, 2012

Well, Here We Go

I have been told for the past few years that I should consider writing a blog. I tend to have very strong opinions and a bit of a sharp tongue, but I think that those things are derived from a strong upbringing and deep passion. 


I've have also been told that keeping a blog requires discipline and attentiveness, neither of which have ever been my strong suit. So, this is the point where I make some sort of affirmation like "this blog will hopefully be not only create discipline in terms of sticking to something I want to do on an intellectual level, but also will help create discipline in terms of working out, eating well, changing the world... blah blah blah." 


For as many insights (or as some might call the "judgments) as I have, I deserve just as many in return. My life is in a very transitional place, not a place that I though it would be even five years ago. So, in my mind there is only the direction of  "up" to go. So here are my New Year resolutions: 1) get my sizable ass in shape in time to feel and look beautiful in my dear, dear friend "Jackie"'s (since she reminds me of a modern Jackie O) wedding ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!, 2) get a more desirable job sitch (as to create another reason to be pleased with myself and finally get to work on taking my mom on a fabulous Canal du Midi vacation), and 3) all in all create a more harmonious existence. 


I don't find myself to be all that interesting, but I hope those that are bored enough to read this (or my mother) find something readable about this. 


So here we go. It's January 2, 2012, and things will happen for me this year. Last year kicked my but like a line backer, but as Scarlett O'Hara said, "As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me."


Also, one final note: if I am ever as much of a dips**t as any of this girls on tonight's episode of The Bachelor, please, please, please tell me, then feel free to beat me.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on starting a blog! they have their ups and downs, that's for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought about doing a blog while in nursing school, but I don't think I have the discipline to do so. Keep up the good work!! It is going to be a good year. :)
    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete